brief procedure of slipcase making
08/07/2014 Comments Off on brief procedure of slipcase making
* pieces you will need
- base x 2
- top(bottom) wall x 2
- spine wall x 1
- width of base = book width + 1 x board thickness
- length of base = book height + 2 x board thickness + 1 mm
- width of top(bottom) wall = book thickness + 1 mm
- length of top(bottom) wall = book width
- width of spine wall = book thickness + 1 mm
- length of spine wall = book height + 1 mm
- Prepare pieces.
- Glue pieces together.
- Line outside of the case with paper (over 120gsm) to protect joints and to smoothen planes. Do not wrap paper around. Do one plane at a time.
- Tailor covering material as shown on the picture.
- (1) Glue the spine first onto the back of covering material. Secondly, (2) cover the top & bottom sides, then, (3) front & back sides.